Home Insurance in Ohio, West Virginia and Kentucky
Home Insurance in Proctorville, Oh, Huntington, WV and Lexington, KY • Learn Your Options...
For residents in Proctorville, OH, Huntington, WV and Lexington, KY, the ability to compare home insurance policies online using an independent agency like Jeff Hutchison Insurance Services is a strong option. This tool enables owners and renters the ability to find the best price and coverage on their homeowner’s policy.
Prior to looking at insurance quotes, shoppers should familiarize themselves with the typical policies that they will encounter:
- HO-1: Covers fire, lightning, removal & inherent explosion
- HO-2: Covers all of HO-1 plus windstorm, hail, explosion, riot & civil commotion, aircraft, vehicles, smoke, falling objects, weight of ice, snow or sleet, collapse, sudden or accidental tearing asunder of heating systems, sudden or accidental injury from electrical currents, vandalism, malicious mischief, breakage of glass, accidental discharge of water or steam, freezing of plumbing, heating systems or appliances, burglary.
- HO-3: Covers all perils unless something is excluded on the policy
- HO-4: A renters policy
- HO-5: The most comprehensive homeowner’s policy
- HO-6: A policy normally provided for by the owner’s association for condominiums and co-ops
- HO-8: A special policy for older homes
The HO-3 is probably the most common home policy written as it is covers all perils except those excluded in the policy. Older homes may have a HO-1, 2 or 8 on them depending on the risk. The HO-5 is an excellent policy and is the most comprehensive of all. Many new or newer homes would have the HO-5 written on them if available from the carrier. Talk to Jeff Hutchison Insurance Services about all your options and we can advise you on what might be best for your situation.
Home insurance shoppers should decide what kind of protection is desirable before comparing quotes. One important factor is that not all insurance policies are the same. Many carriers limit coverages such as theft of jewelry to name one. Carrier A may only allow $1500 while Carrier B may allow $3000. So it is very important to discuss your coverages needed with the staff of Jeff Hutchison Insurance Services. Some owners and renters decide to increase that amount to protect collectibles, antiques, jewelry, firearms, and other expensive items such as musical instruments.
Once renters and owners have an idea about the level of coverage they want, they can then compare insurance options. An independent agency like Jeff Hutchison Insurance Services can compare home insurance quotes from a wide range of notable insurance companies at once. This not only saves time and money during the process, but allows shoppers to rely on the agency’s experience and expertise.
Home insurance doesn’t have to be a stressful type of insurance to navigate. Shoppers have plenty of resources at their disposal to make the process simple.