Whether you are a seasoned Ohio driver or new to the roads in Proctorville, there are some mistakes you should avoid when applying for a new auto insurance policy. We at Jeff Hutchison Insurance Services believe by avoiding the following mistakes you will end up with the best coverage at a reasonable price
Avoid Purchasing The Cheapest Policy
While this strategy may save you money in the short term, you could end up paying for this decision in the long run. You will have a high deductible with a cheap policy, meaning you could potentially pay out thousands of dollars in repair expenses in the event of an accident.
2) Not Taking the Time to Understand the Policy
It is often during the claim filing process that policyholders learn about the exclusions in their policy because party of a claim is denied. Jeff will take the time to review each aspect of your policy with you prior to committing to the policy so that you are confident in the protection you are buying.
3) Missing Out on Key Discounts
Many people lose out on discounts available because they do not know to ask for them. Jeff Hutchison Insurance Services knows all the discounts you could be eligible for including being accident-free, low mileage, and having anti-theft devices installed.
4) Not Being Truthful
Some people neglect to tell their carrier all the potential drivers of the vehicle or where the car is parked at night in an attempt to save a few bucks. Insurance companies do have ways of finding out this information and you risk have a claim denied as a result. The few dollars you save each month will not compare the money you will owe when you claim is denied.
If you are in the Market for an Auto Insurance policy, please give us a call to review all of your options. We proudly service Proctorville, OH and the surrounding areas.
If you are considering a new home improvement project, wouldn’t you like to save money further down the road? With the right home improvement projects, you can actually cut insurance costs. Now, adding on a new bathroom or finishing the attic will ultimately increase home insurance costs due to the increased property value. However, at Jeff Hutchison Insurance Services, we can help you save money in your Proctorville, OH home.
Home Security System
Installing a home security system improves your home security by reducing the chance of someone breaking in. It also can help reduce your home insurance costs. Just make sure to inform your home insurance provider about the upgrade (this holds true with all improvement options).
Your old water heater or furnace not only cost you more to run but are more likely to break down, flood and cause internal problems within the house. Upgrading the appliances can save you a good amount of money on every single utility bill. You can also experience a drop in home insurance costs as well. Just another reason to put some extra money into your new appliances.
This home improvement project is a bit more pricey than the others. However, a new roof is an extremely valuable project. First, it reduces the chance of damage to your house. It cuts down on energy consumption by improving insulation in the roof (this is one of the top areas where energy is lost throughout the year). And by cutting down potential home damage, you can also experience money savings in your home insurance as well.
At Jeff Hutchison Insurance Services, we want to do everything in our power to both help protect your home and save money at the same time. By following through with these different home improvement tips to cut insurance costs, you can experience several money saving opportunities in your Proctorville, OH home.
For the citizens of Proctorville, OH looking for home insurance, there are key issues that everyone considers. A home is frequently a person’s most valuable investment. It makes sense that people should purchase insurance on the structure of their home. This makes sure that they are protected should any damage befall their home. On the other hand, there are a couple of keys that many people overlook that could still wind up significantly costing an individual if catastrophe strikes. Read below to make sure a home is completely protected, inside and out.
First, while the home is valuable and should be protected, do not neglect what it inside the home. Most people have expensive furniture, electronics, jewelry, and clothing that could represent tens of thousands of dollars in assets. It is vital that these items remain insured as well. A house fire, theft, or other natural disasters could easily wipe out everything inside the home. Talk to a home insurance agent about insurance on personal belongings. This will allow an individual to receive compensation to replace these items if they are lost.
Next, remember the living expenses that could wind up costing a family significant amounts of money if they home suffers a total loss. If the home is destroyed or damaged to the point it is unlivable, a family might be forced into a hotel or apartment for an extended period of time. These costs can pile up quickly. There is actually a rider that people can purchase that will cover for these living expenses should the home become unlivable. Everyone should make sure they have insurance to pay for these living expenses if tragedy strikes.
For anyone looking for home insurance in Proctorville, OH, do not neglect these important riders. Contact Jeff Hutchison insurance for quality protection today. Every family deserves the utmost protection for their home against tragedy. Call an experienced agent today for more information.
So you have life insurance from the company that you work for. While that is a great benefit to have, it should not stop you from considering and even purchasing a separate policy. There are many reasons for this that people often do not think about and consider. However, before you start relying on your employer sponsored life insurance plan as your only plan, take a look at these reasons to consider getting a supplemental life insurance policy.
- Employer sponsored life insurance policies typically do not provide enough coverage. Many companies offer employees life insurance equal to one to two times their annual salary. Experts say that people need to have coverage that equals anywhere between five and seven times their annual salary. If your life insurance provided by your employer does not hit that mark, you should look at a supplemental policy.
- You cannot take the policy with you. If you leave the company at any time, you also lose your life insurance coverage that was provided as a benefit. This is not like health insurance where you can continue the coverage after you have left for a higher fee. You will have to search for a new policy to make up the difference or you will be without it.
- You are limited in your options. If you only have the plan provided by your employer, then you get what they have chosen for you. You do not get to decide between plans, usually, and the plan they have may not even meet your needs.
For more information on this subject or to explore your life insurance options, be sure to contact Jeff Hutchison Insurance Services serving Proctorville, OH. They can help you find the right supplemental life insurance policy so that you are prepared for anything that comes your way.
Going away for the Fall? Those of us who live in colder states often take a little break to visit Florida or California, but there’s often that feeling of uneasiness when leaving our home unattended for a week, a month, or even longer. There are essentially three things to consider while you’re away:
Any repairs that you’ve been putting off, leaky roofs and so on, now is the time to get them done. You don’t want to come back from your vacation to see extensive water damage. There are some other issues to consider, as well, to simply get your home in good shape for Fall.
- Install the storm windows
- Repair leaks and drafts
- Check for fire hazards
Paying full price on your utilities when you’re not even going to be there is a waste of money. Shutting off your water while you’re away is a good way to ensure that, even if your pipes are leaking, you won’t come home to a $700 water bill.
- Shut off your water
- Call utility companies, Internet service provider, cable provider, etc. and ask if they have a payment plan to make things a little cheaper while you’re a way
- Turn off all electronics and unplug everything (excepting security lights, etc.)
Vandals and robbers tend to target people they know to be on vacation. There are a few ways you can hope to prevent this.
- Let your neighbor know you’ll be on vacation, and for how long
- Ask your neighbor to pick up your paper, or the paper to just not deliver it until you’re back
An easy way to skip a lot of these steps is to have a trusted friend house-sit for you. Of course the easiest way to put your mind at ease is to contact Jeff Hutchison Insurance Services and make sure you have a policy that covers you, come what may.
It’s not uncommon for new business owners to look for ways to cut corners to save money when setting up their new company. If your Ohio business uses company vehicles for transporting goods or customers, however, obtaining commercial auto insurance isn’t a luxury. Commercial auto insurance from Jeff Hutchison Insurance Services offers valuable protection that your business needs. Here are but a few of the many reasons why this insurance protection is necessary.
Protects Business Assets
A vehicle that’s registered under your company or used primarily for business use should have commercial insurance coverage. In the event of an accident, your commercial insurance policy will protect your business assets from liability claims or prospective lawsuits. Insurance protection can save your business from going under due to not having to pay accidental injuries or property damage out of pocket.
Protects Employees and Clients
If you or your employees use a vehicle for transporting goods or driving clients for work related purposes, commercial auto insurance will cover your drivers and clients in the event of an accident. Your insurance will pay for medical expenses of your employees or clients if they sustain injuries in an accident as well as cover property damage for your business vehicle.
You can also obtain commercial insurance coverage to protect employees driving their personal vehicles or rental vehicles for work-related purposes.
Provides Comprehensive Coverage
With commercial auto insurance, your company can benefit from comprehensive protection that includes liability for bodily injury, property damage, uninsured motorist coverage, collision, medical payments and more.
As a new business owner, you owe it to yourself to adequately protect your company from any eventuality. Call or visit Jeff Hutchison Insurance Services today to get a better idea of how you can benefit from all that commercial auto insurance has to offer.
Summertime is a time to have fun, get out on the water, and enjoy the longer days. When the sun comes out to play, if you live by water, then you likely want to get out on a boat. If you already own a boat, then there are some easy ways to make sure your boat is running strong all season long. Follow our tips so you can prep your boat and enjoy it this summer.
- The first thing you should do is de-winterize your boat. If you did not winterize your boat before the cold weather hit, you may have some bigger issues to worry about. However, if you did winterize your boat, be sure to de-winterize it.
- Get a tune up. Once you have de-winterized your boat, be sure to get a tune up. As a rule of thumb, you should get a tune up once per year. If you make it a habit to do it before it starts getting too hot outside, then you will be more likely to get it done. Plus, once you get a tune up, your boat will run better and even last many more years.
- Check your life jackets and fire extinguishers. No one wants to actually use these, and we hope you don’t, but you do want them to be functional if you do ever need them. You should check your fire extinguishers once a year as well so this is the perfect time. Check all of your safety supplies while you are at it!
Don’t forget to make sure you are insured! If you want to take a look at your current boat policy or even explore a new one, please contact us at Jeff Hutchison Insurance Services for more assistance.
If there is one thing about getting a new home that people hate, it is the process of packing, unpacking, and moving. However, there are a few ways that you can make the entire process easier for both you and everyone else in your family. Use these tips to make it easier and less stressful and you will wonder why you never thought of them before. Contact us at Jeff Hutchison Insurance Services for all of your homeowners insurance needs for the new home as well.
- Pack a first night box. After you get done moving everything, you will not want to unpack everything as well. That is just as big of a hassle as packing and it cannot be done in one day. So, to prepare for your first night in the new home, pack a first night box with all of the essentials you will need. That will save you time from having to search for things like a toothbrush and you can get some much needed sleep.
- Label your boxes and keep an inventory. As you are packing all of your boxes, do yourself a favor and label them with what is inside. You can also keep an inventory of all of the items so that you can easily find them whenever you need them.
- Color code your boxes by room. As you are packing all of your boxes, color code with stickers depending on the room they will go in at the new home. When you are moving, they can be put directly into those rooms and that will make the entire unpacking process a lot easier. Everything you need for each room will already be in there and you can unpack them based on priority.
Many motorcycle riders only concern themselves with insuring their motorcycles at the state minimum, so that they will be covered in case they are involved in an accident. While covering yourself for this reason is important, there are many reasons why you may want to adjust your motorcycle insurance depending on the type of motorcycle you have and how you plan to use it, such as:
- Certain bikes are stolen more often – If your bike is a model that is very popular, there is increased likelihood that it may be a target of theft. In this case you would want to make sure that you have the right coverages, just in case your bike is ever stolen.
- You own a sport motorcycle – In most situations the faster you go the riskier riding your motorcycle becomes. Certain bikes have greater performance capabilities, and allow riders to reach increased speeds. If you consider yourself a speed demon, you may want to purchase more insurance.
- It is important that you cover all the medical costs in an accident– It would be devastating to most people if they were to seriously injure somebody else in an accident. But it would be even more concerning if the insurance you purchased did not cover all of the victim’s physical and property damages. Riders of certain kinds of bikes are more likely to be involved in motorcycle accidents, injuring themselves and/or others. If you are concerned with making sure you are fully covered in case an accident occurs, you may want to add extra medical insurance. This type of insurance will cover the medical damages that standard liability insurance does not cover.
Getting the motorcycle insurance to fit your needs
Deciding the right amount of insurance you should carry, based on the kind of motorcycle you own and your riding habits, can be complicated. It is important that you consult with a well-informed Proctorville, Ohio area motorcycle insurance agent that can make you aware of the options available. Contact the insurance agents at Jeff Hutchison Insurance Services today for a no-obligation quote.
One of the many reasons people support giving back is it helps improve their community. In fact, with many people in the community giving back to those who are less fortunate, you all can transform your entire community.
Additionally, giving back helps you improve how you see yourself. When you give back on a regular basis, you begin to have a sense of self-gratitude that may not have been in your in the beginning. At Jeff Hutchison Insurance Services, we believe in giving back to our community, and we encourage you to do so as well. The following are some ways you can enhance your neighborhood by giving back.
Put Birthday Bags Together for Children in Shelters
Children in shelters often have to experience holidays and birthdays without the luxuries so many other children take for granted. Most of the time, you can uplift their spirits by giving them some much needed attention. By creating birthday bags for children within the shelter you can have a transformative effect on the day, maybe even their life.
Spend Time with a Family Who Has a Soldier Abroad
Although we are not at war, there are thousands of soldiers still abroad. Many of these soldiers have families back in the states that need our support. You can volunteer your time and resources by adopting the family of a soldier who is out of the country.
Donate Some of Your Books
One of the best gifts you can give someone is a book. Books help people escape the world around them whenever they need to. They also help people explore new ways of thinking. With a book, anything is possible. You can donate your books to a women’s shelter or a senior living facility.
As your insurance provider in Proctorville, OH, we know you have a lot on your plate, however we encourage you to enhance your community by giving back.
It’s important to be safe while you are giving back to your community. Give us a call to inquire about the best auto insurance for your vehicles. You can also visit our website to compare our coverage with the coverage of other insurance companies.